For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by both science and art. A lifetime of study and exploration in both realms has evolved into a passion for dentistry. My deep appreciation for the beauty of the natural world gives me the perfect context for understanding and creating beautiful dentistry. I delight in creating esthetic natural-looking dental restorations, and restoring both form and function to my patients' teeth.
Creating beautiful smiles is my craft, but the relationships I develop with my patients give this work meaning. Each patient's perspective is different, as are their oral health care needs. I honor this individuality by taking the time to listen carefully to each patient, and develop personalized treatment recommendations to address their specific goals.
All of our team members at Zwell Dental work together to create a safe and welcoming environment. We value high integrity and treat all of our patients with a gentle touch. We also recognize that dental health is just one aspect of your total body's health and wellness, and are interested in exploring the many connections between your oral and total body health. Our team looks forward to supporting and empowering you to reach your happiest and healthiest goals.
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine/Cambridge Health Alliance, General Practice Residency, 2014
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Doctor of Dental Medicine, cum laude, 2013
- Cornell University, Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences, cum laude, 2009
- Top Dentist, Boston Magazine, 2020, 2021 & 2022
- 10 Under Ten, Massachusetts Dental Society, 2021
I am inspired by the artistry and creativity in dentistry. In my work as a Prosthodontist, I use my own artistic skills and perception to create beautiful, functional dental restorations. As a Prosthodontist, I take a comprehensive approach to restoring the oral function, comfort, and esthetics of patients with complex dental needs. By spending the time to get to know my patients and their goals I develop detailed plans for their comprehensive dental care.
I focus not only on my patients' oral health, but also on the relationships that we form and the stories that my patients share. I take my patients' whole body health into consideration and have a special focus on dental-medical connections and nutrition. As a dedicated teacher of both dentists and patients, I enjoy working as a team to develop goals for healthy teeth and healthy habits.
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Certificate in Prosthodontics, 2017
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Master of Education in Instructional Leadership, 2016
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Doctor of Dental Medicine, cum laude, 2014
- Dartmouth College, Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics and French, 2008
- Outstanding Teacher Award, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 2019, 2020
- 10 Under Ten, Massachusetts Dental Society, 2019
As a Periodontist, my goal is to achieve a strong oral health foundation - or create one for you - with the latest technologies, techniques, and collaboration. Your gum and bone health are the foundation of a healthy smile, and it is the stability of this foundation that can carry us through all of life’s memories - meals, emotions and overall health. When periodontal diseases and conditions compromise our teeth, it is imperative that we explore solutions for restoring bone, gum and teeth for optimal function, esthetics and comfort.
As a Periodontist, one of my favorite aspects of my career is building a relationship with patients and educating them about tooth and bone loss. I am eager to be alongside my patients for the journey. My approach is to start gradually, get patients out of pain and discomfort, and develop a long-term plan that involves collaboration and input from the entire dental team. Teamwork and communication are the backbone to successful treatment in dentistry.
My work as a faculty member in the Periodontics Department at Tufts School of Dental Medicine allows me to stay abreast of the latest techniques and research in Periodontics, while also passing along my passions about soft tissue management, soft and hard tissue grafting, dental implants, and all things oral health!
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Certificate of Periodontology, 2022
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Doctor of Dental Medicine, 2019
- Quinnipiac University, Bachelor of Science, 2015
- American Academy of Periodontology, Dental Student Award for Outstanding Achievement in Periodontics, 2019
From a young age, I have been passionate about forging deep connections with those around me, understanding other people's feelings, and helping people feel at ease. I discovered that a career in dentistry would allow me to leverage my compassion while also working to heal my patients' mouths. I strive to help reduce dental anxiety so that my patients have positive, uplifting, enjoyable dental experiences. Having delivered dental care in a variety of different clinical settings throughout Boston and suburban Massachusetts, I meet my patients where they are at, and have honest and thoughtful conversations about their dental health and goals. I enjoy creating beautiful dental restorations and seeing my patients excited about their new smile!
- New York University Langone at Fenway Health, Advanced Education in General Dentistry, 2021
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Doctor of Dental Medicine, 2020
- University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, magna cum laude, 2012
Michelle is passionate about improving health outcomes through patient-centered design. In her role at Zwell Dental, she supports patients with all administrative and logistical aspects of their dental care. As Practice Manager, she works closely with patients to coordinate their appointments, explain treatment processes, and explore financial options.
In addition to working directly with patients, she also manages business operations and implements innovative practice strategies to facilitate continuity of safe, high quality care. Through her public health education and research, she is acutely aware that many people face hurdles in accessing quality health care. In her own experiences as a patient, she knows that navigating healthcare systems can be complicated and confusing. She is here to ensure that dental care delivery at Zwell Dental is organized, seamless, and worry-free!
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Master of Public Health, 2015
- Cornell University, Bachelor of Science in Human Development, with Honors, 2008
The Zwell team is made up of exceptionally talented individuals that share the common goal of providing individualized, caring dental health services. The team works collaboratively to support each other and our patient community. The Zwell team is committed to upholding best practices in all aspects of dental care; from the first hello over the phone all the way to safe sedation practices in surgery. At Zwell we believe the sum of our team is greater than its parts. When you enter our office you will feel the sense of comradery as it extends seamlessly to you, the patients we care for!
At Zwell, we feature a modern and welcoming environment, with vibrant colors and plenty of natural light.